Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
adv ex on 5 january 2024
adv ex on 22 February 2024
banner Expire 26 October 2024
Rescator cvv and dump shop
banner expire at 13 May

Yale lodge shop
UniCvv
banner Expire 1 April  2021

It's time to choose the de facto standard one of the IM encryption methods

RedX

TRUSTED VENDOR
Staff member
Purpose: To persuade people to use one simple thing.
Optional: An article on setting up SimpLite.

My choice is SimpLite!

It's no secret that the most popular IM client among us is ICQ, which does not have built-in encryption methods. There are clients with built-in encryption, such as sst (the server is down now), jabber and miranda with plugins, but it often happens that people do not have time to understand the interface of the new IM client, or it is installed and always offline because of its not popularity. I mean that ICQ is familiar to many, and the encryption method that I want to talk about works with ICQ (and with all IM clients working on the ICQ network: QIP, miranda, & RQ, etc ...), AIM, MSN, Yahoo! Messenger, Jabber / Google. Agree a large selection, and besides, the program is free. All that remains is to install the program and configure the operation of your IM client via SimpLite. I suggest, even agitate, to do this, because firstly, this will not interfere with your other methods of encrypted communication, for which we will all communicate over an encrypted channel. Who else, if not ourselves, cares about our safety? You can even ask the administration of the forum, it is important to attach this topic with the status.

Program characteristics.

Name: SimpLite
Developer: Secway
License: Freeware Networking
: ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Jabber, Google.
Encryption method: RSA keys up to 2048 bits. Encryption is done using the following algorithms: AES (up to 128 bits) or Twofish.
Environment: Windows 95/98 / Me / NT4 / 2000 / XP

Instructions for setting up SimLite with ICQ network, with ICQ 2003b client, QIP, Miranda, & RQ. (I think there will be no problems with the rest of the clients, the setting is the same).

Downloading the program.

Then double click on the downloaded file. The standard installation procedure is [Next>] -> [I agree] -> [Next>] -> [Next>] -> [Next>] -> [Next>] -> [Next>] -> [Close].
Further, after installation, the wizard is automatically launched [Next>], we select whether the windows with a warning about encrypted / not encrypted communication will pop up (you can enable / disable later). I choose to turn off pop-up alerts, as there will be a lot of them popping up for each person in the contact list. Next, select the connection to the network, in my case direct connect (direct), then put a checkbox on the Unlisted ICQ / IM client icon. Next, the wizard for creating the key starts [Next>] -> [Next>], invent and enter a password twice, [Next>] move the mouse chaotically =), to randomly generate numbers, [Next>] -> [Next>] -> [ Finish] - The key has been created. Make sure that your key is Loaded, and that the Other ICQ / IM clients checkbox is checked in the File -> Configure -> [IM clients] settings and the direct only method is selected. Everything,

Now it remains to redirect your ICQ client instead of the login.icq.com server to your computer, that is, register 127.0.0.1 and leave the same port (5190).

In ICQ - before entering the password for the account, press the [Settings] button and write in the Host field: 127.0.0.1 and press OK. (If your account is loaded automatically when you start ICQ, then you need to make a logoff to see the [Settings] button: Main -> Switch User (Log Off).

In QIP - before entering the password for the account, press the [Server / Proxy] button and write in the OSCAR Server field: 127.0.0.1 and press Ok

In Miranda - [M] -> Options ... [-] Network -> ICQ: Login server: 127.0.0.1 port: 5190 -> Ok

& RQ - [& RQ] - > Preferences -> Connection -> Server host: 127.0.0.1 port 5190 -> Ok

In other clients,

Now, when you meet people with SimpLite, in the SimpLite program itself, the win will go from Unencrypted to Ecrypted and you will be prompted to Accept the interlocutor's key (one-time).

Everything!

PS: I would not like to hear comments in the spirit, SimpLite is shit, the code is closed, mitm, etc. ... Use jabber + pgp or mirandu with the SecureIM plugin or NDC - all these methods are also good, maybe better, and I am not campaigning to change them, just SimpLight allows you to use familiar and popular clients, and it won't hurt anyone to install it. Whatever it is: one has a jabber with pgp, another has a miranda with a secure plugin, and due to incompatibility and laziness, people continue to communicate in plain text. With appropriate advertising for a free and easy-to-use message encryption product, we can create a unified system as popular as ICQ among us.

The writing of this post was affected by the weekly failure of the sst servers.

Top Bottom