Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
adv ex on 5 january 2024
adv ex on 22 February 2024
Kfc Club

Patrick Stash
banner Expire 26 October 2024
Rescator cvv and dump shop
banner expire at 13 May

Yale lodge shop
UniCvv
banner Expire 1 April  2021

Premiums

TRUSTED VENDOR
am running BackTrack4 R2 on VMware Player and all was working just fine until I decided to update VMware Tools to the latest version (VMwareTools-8.4.6-385536.tar.gz). During the upgrade I got an error saying that I should mount the virtual CD-ROM, untar the VMware tools package and then run the VMware tools installer Perl script.

I did all that and it finished fine but then the BackTrack guest wouldn't boot any more and I got a message saying "Ubuntu is running in low-graphics mode" and also "(EE) Unable to locate/open config file". It then gave me a few options, one of which was to run the guest in low-graphics mode just this time (which is what I chose). I was then prompted to login. After logging in I typed the command sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg and then chose Ok on all the options in the menu that followed. Once that finished I started the GUI again by typing startx. Everything is now back to normal.

Hope this helps anyone else that runs into this problem.

Top Bottom